Membership is open to:
- Any nurse registered with the Nursing Council of The Bahamas.
- A Nursing student who has completed 2 years of education.
- Membership is unrestricted in realtion to nationality, race, color, creed, sex or politics.
Monthly member meetings are held on the second Monday of every month, except August.
Benefits of Membership
- Belonging to a professional body
- Professional development
- Opportunity to make outstanding contribution to the
- development of nursing
- leadership development
- Mentorship (as mentor and mentee)
- Discounts on goods and services
- Travel/Exposure to regional, and international conferences, meetings
- Opportunity to represent nurses in The Bahamas on local, regional and
- international bodies
- Opportunity to affect social change
- Opportunity to participate in community service
- Annual symposium/conference
- Continuing education for nurses
- Presentations at local, regional and international conferences
- Leadership development
- Representation on Government and non-government boards and
- Health promotion
- Free community health screenings
- Dissemination of health information
- Participation in health and career fairs
- Recognition of nurses for service to the profession
- Establishment of branches throughout the Bahamas
- Mentorship to nursing students
- Partial sponsorship of nurses to workshops/conferences